- To encourage the growth of the Forum UNESCO - University and Heritage (FUUH) network, coordinated by this UNESCO Chair and the World Heritage Centre (WHC) of UNESCO.
- To propose international research that facilitate the creation and consolidation of thematic networks and multidisciplinary research teams in heritage projects.
- To provide international visibility of research works and to disseminate news, activities and projects using information services offered by the FUUH network (website, electronic newsletter, Flash info, thesis directory, etc.)
- To reinforce cooperation between universities, disciplines, academics and professionals in heritage sector with existing networks (such ICCROM, ICOM, ICOMOS, IFLA, UICN, etc…)
- To organize and collaborate in activities aimed to document, disseminate, protect and safeguard cultural and natural heritage (international congresses, exhibitions, workshops, publications etc.)
- To carry out training courses on disciplines related to the theme of this Chair (Forum UNESCO UPV Courses)